EFMods Forum Archive
[Click here to go to EFMods.com]

Cstrike mod for EF

EFMods Forum Archive - General
Ens. Crusader
Lieutenant-Junior Grade

Posted at 1:07 pm, 1st November 2002
A new mod for Elite Force, "CStrike Mode," has been announced. This mod aims to bring gameplay elements from the popular mod and game "Counter-Strike" to the Star Trek Voyager: Elite Force universe.

"Elite Force has, at least the multiplayer part, been dying out far quicker than it really should be," said Donald "CyberGeek" Hays, programmer and mapper for CStrike Mode. "We felt that it really needed something fresh and new to keep EF going, even if just for awhile longer. With CStrike Mode we're hoping to implement a different way of playing EFMP, while still keeping it in the EF universe."

CStrike mode makes many changes to the standard EF gameplay. It carries over your score, weapons, ammunition and armor between rounds. You begin any given round with 100 health and 0 armor, along with a phaser and a C. Rifle with some ammo. CStrike Mode introduces a system where you have to buy weapons and armor into EF, with a unique twist.

"In Counter-Strike players often try to get the highest number of kills," Donald continues. "We're trying to reduce that by having you buy your weapons, armor and ammunition with your score. The better something is, the more it'll cost. For example, it'll only cost one point to get an IMod, but you'll have to shell out 6 points for the photon burst."

CStrike Mode beta 1 should be released within the next few weeks, and will come with the popular Bomb Diffuse scenario.

get v1.1 here: http://donald.hays.org/files/CSM_b11_full.zip

by oE|Cybergeek
Asistant cheif science officer USS Serinity

Scooter
Morale Officer

Posted at 2:53 pm, 1st November 2002
Hasn't this been out for a while already?

Captain of the USS Serenity
LightSoup
Cadet 4th Year

Posted at 3:43 pm, 1st November 2002
Yeah, hasn't it? It's been out for about 2 months now.
Simmo666
Rear Admiral

Posted at 4:35 pm, 1st November 2002
It was put up on EFFiles about that long ago (2 months), but I havent yet tried it.

Rear Admiral Simmo666
Commanding Officer - Starbase 460
Member of the Year 2002
REMEMBER: Scooter crashed the SQL Server on 25th November 2002 - really? did he? i forgot that
Chris3123
Cadet 4th Year

Posted at 5:48 am, 2nd November 2002
I heard that there will be a similer game mode on Elite Force 2. It's called "Warp Core Breach". Instead of planting a bomb, you set off a warp core breach.
Simmo666
Rear Admiral

Posted at 12:59 pm, 2nd November 2002
Chris3123 said:
I heard that there will be a similer game mode on Elite Force 2. It's called "Warp Core Breach". Instead of planting a bomb, you set off a warp core breach.

Yeah thats true, I cant wait to play it to try it out! Grin

Rear Admiral Simmo666
Commanding Officer - Starbase 460
Member of the Year 2002
REMEMBER: Scooter crashed the SQL Server on 25th November 2002 - really? did he? i forgot that