EFMods Forum Archive
[Click here to go to EFMods.com]

Special Sneak Peak - Response to "Damn You Hollywood!&q

EFMods Forum Archive - Off Topic
sporto78
Captain

Posted at 10:53 am, 4th November 2002
Ok, as I said before, my big movie's name was just taken by a big hollywood production. In response, we've not only renamed it, but we've also moved the setting to the forest (that's right, Arizona isn't all desert Na na! ).

This weekend we went up to Northern Arizona and did some scouting. We came to the perfect area, right on the fire lines of that huge fire that almost destroyed the town of Showlo this summer. One area looks like lush forest, then 200 yards away, everything is dead, there are trenches and craters everywhere. It looks like a battlefield from some WWII movie. Needless to say, we're presented with a lot of potential. Another plus is that this place is about half a mile away from my friend's cabin (almost lost to the fire Eek! ), so we can go between the two pretty quickly.

Anyway, while we were up there, we shot the pre-intro to the movie. This is the part where the audience is given the background information required to get the story started. I just finished editing it, and now need some opinions/suggestions. So I decided to show all of you! How exciting!

He he, so take a look, it's 16 megs in an .mp4 format, so you'll need quicktime 6 to play it. Fortunally, you can download it for free.

So take a look and tell me what you think!

http://www.angelfire.com/clone/sporto78/index.html
http://www.angelfire.com/clone/sporto781/index.html
http://www.angelfire.com/ego/altsite/index.html

Commander Sporto78
Chief Engineer
U.S.S. Serenity

Life is good.
Scooter
Morale Officer

Posted at 2:52 pm, 4th November 2002
I don't like the music. Doesn't feel right.

And what's with the guy and the camera. What's he taking pictures of?

Overall, I like it better than the old one. Looks more professional. Cool!

Captain of the USS Serenity
sporto78
Captain

Posted at 6:57 pm, 4th November 2002
Hmmm, we think that music is much better, becuase we want to set a somber tone to the movie.

You have to see the rest of the movie to figure out what the guy is taking pictures of. Though it won't be finished for a while so I'll tell you. The intro said that a team has been formed to gather intel, that's what he's doing. We don't want the audience to see much in the very beginning.

Oh, and BTW, this isn't a trailer, it's the actual first couple of min of the movie. That may explain the vagueness. Wink

Commander Sporto78
Chief Engineer
U.S.S. Serenity

Life is good.
Scooter
Morale Officer

Posted at 7:38 pm, 4th November 2002
Music is better for the mood of the movie, but I think it doesn't quite fit 100%.

If he's gathering intelligence, he should be using a longer lens. With a short lens like that, he won't be able to take decent pictures without getting really close.

Captain of the USS Serenity
sporto78
Captain

Posted at 8:02 pm, 4th November 2002
Well, that lens is pretty long. Plus, we don't have an extremely long lens Na na!

He is actually pretty close. He is hiding after all.

Commander Sporto78
Chief Engineer
U.S.S. Serenity

Life is good.
sporto78
Captain

Posted at 9:02 pm, 4th November 2002
Here's the poster:

Commander Sporto78
Chief Engineer
U.S.S. Serenity

Life is good.
Simmo666
Rear Admiral

Posted at 9:03 pm, 4th November 2002
Oooooh, cool poster. I'll watch the movie soon, when I've got time.

Rear Admiral Simmo666
Commanding Officer - Starbase 460
Member of the Year 2002
REMEMBER: Scooter crashed the SQL Server on 25th November 2002 - really? did he? i forgot that
Skipper
Commander

Posted at 10:21 pm, 4th November 2002
Me Download it when i got faster connection hehe

3hour 25mins What ever!
Get a Life Get Half Life2