EFMods Forum Archive
[Click here to go to EFMods.com]

I hate Nostromo

EFMods Forum Archive - Project: Elite Roleplaying
Scooter
Morale Officer

Posted at 2:31 am, 7th November 2002
I fixed my previous problem by turning some of the larger brushes back into structural instead of detailed, and now we're back to the previous problem: compiling forever.

efRadient is eating up more than 200MB of memory, and 1.14GB of hard drive space, and it's been going for almost two hours, but still not finished. It's not looking good. I'm at the point where I feel like all that I can do is abandon the project, but I don't want to do that. I put a lot of work into this, but it's just not working. I might try starting over once more, but if that doesn't work I don't know what to do.

Captain of the USS Serenity
Logalot
Lieutenant

Posted at 3:56 am, 7th November 2002
Hey, do what you feel, you can quit the project, maybe shelve it for a little while until you wanna start up again. You might wanna ask Dobberman or Kim, they have a lot of experience, and actually e-mailing Milchschnitte might not be a bad idea either. But don't think there's any pressure on you, do what you think is best.
Co-Manager of Elite Roleplaying
Had nightmares of all the bad ideas recieved about the ERP map.
Scooter
Morale Officer

Posted at 5:51 am, 7th November 2002
10to5 is getting to the point where not much I can do at my current skill level, which has me :-( but I think I'll pause mapping for a while, at least until I can learn a few more things, and then I'll get back to it.

Captain of the USS Serenity
Simmo666
Rear Admiral

Posted at 6:31 pm, 7th November 2002
If you map while you dont feel like mapping, the map probably wont look good. Take your time.

Rear Admiral Simmo666
Commanding Officer - Starbase 460
Member of the Year 2002
REMEMBER: Scooter crashed the SQL Server on 25th November 2002 - really? did he? i forgot that